Stop the Spread
The health and safety of our patrons and staff is the number one concern of the Mahopac Public Library. Library administration, staff, and the Board of Trustees have monitored the status of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) closely. Following recommendations from the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention), the Library is taking action to protect our patrons, staff, volunteers and community members.
How we are mitigating health risks at the library:
- Our staff is thoroughly cleaning the library every day, throughout the day, and are taking extra caution in wiping down handles, railing, elevator buttons, doors, tables, chairs, computers, keyboards, mice, kindles, laptops and iPads.
- Staff are thoroughly wiping down their work areas before and after their shifts.
- Tissues and hand sanitizer are available for patrons and staff to use throughout the building.
- We encourage our staff to stay home if they are feeling ill.
Information from the CDC:
- Facts about COVID-19
- What you need to know: English Spanish
- What to do if you are sick: English Spanish
- How to stop the spread of germs: English Spanish
- Symptoms of COVID-19: English Spanish
- CDC Protects and Prepares Communities
- Stay Healthy and Wash Your Hands: English Spanish
- Proper Hand Washing Technique: Engligh Spanish
The Library is always available to you
Databases and digital items can be accessed 24/7!
Articles, Information & Databases – find information on a variety of topics; access digitized newspapers, magazines, academic journals, search online databases, encyclopedias and more!
Digital eBooks, Audiobooks, Magazines, Movies, Music & More – Use your library card to download audiobooks, e-books, & magazines; stream movies, music & TV for FREE!