Local History Room
A collection of historic items and texts of local significance.
Located on the 2nd floor
The collection includes:
- Business and Phone directories
- Historic texts & pictorial works
- Local artifacts and limited edition items
- Local year books
This collection covers a variety of topics relating to Mahopac, Carmel and the greater surrounding area, as well as New York State. Topics include:
- Local governance
- Native American culture and history
- Nature studies
- Newspaper archives: Putnam Courier and New York Times
- Regional history
This collection is for in library use only. Make an appointment to view the collection, 845-628-2009, ext. 100.
Image: from February 12, 1853 Putnam County Courier.