The Kidney, Liver & Lymph: Essential Detox Pathways
Dr. Somesh Kaushik
Monthly series discussing topics in Ayurvedic medicine.
Registration is required. Register here.
The kidneys, liver, and lymph system are the body’s natural detoxification pathways and are critical organs for maintaining the body’s overall health. When they are out of balance, overloaded with toxins, or blocked by stressors (physical or emotional) they cannot function efficiently and illness can result. Learning how to care for these critical organs is essential and discovering what interferes with their functioning is key.
Come and discover:
- Foods, herbs, teas, supplements that will help to keep these organs healthy
- Specific triggers that cause interference – i.e. anger overloads the liver
- Why hydration is critical – and how to determine the right amount for you
- The importance of sleep as a regenerative component
- Exercises and meditations that reduce stress and help circulation
- The benefit of a periodic detox protocol
This series is brought to you by the New York Putnam County libraries.