The Healing Power of Gratitude: A Body, Mind, Spirit Elixer
December 14th at 7:00pm
Presenter: Dr. Somesh Kaushik
This is the final ayurvedic workshop.
Program is happening through Crowdcast, registration is required.
Ayurveda, the world’s oldest healing system, defines health as a balance of body, mind, and spirit – epitomizing a truly holistic approach to wellness. Ayurveda offers a healing system and a prevention system – a lifestyle that helps curtail disease before it manifests in the body. Central to this is the cultivation of an “attitude of gratitude” – a powerful approach to health and wellness that impacts both the giver and receiver.
Come and discover: how gratitude can heal the mind and heart
- Why healing the mind and heart precedes healing the body
- The biochemical impact of gratitude on emotions, the mind, and the body
- How to view the “opportunity” to heal as a blessing
- Why positive thinking is critical to healing
- The place emotions have in healing
- How music and sound facilitate healing on all levels
- What part food plays in healing the body, mind, and spirit
This series is brought to you by the New York Putnam County Libraries and The Field Library.