Telling Tails: Call for Entries
Telling Tails: Creatures Real, Imagined & Mythological
Exhibit runs July 8th through August 14th
Tails and Tales is this years summer reading theme for all ages. To compliment this theme, Mahopac Library invites artists to submit work featuring creatures with tails: those that live on land, in the water, in mythology, and in your imagination. This is a playful onsite summer show; a virtual exhibit of the work will be produced as well.
- Artists must be 18 years of age or older
- Work must be hand-delivered, framed, and ready to hang with hooks, wire, and/or sawtooth hangers
- Works must be labeled with artist’s name, title of piece, medium and price (labels provided. Works that are not identified will not be exhibited)
- Two-dimensional painting, drawing, photography, mixed media, or wall work will be accepted
- Work must not exceed 36″ with frame
- Small three-dimensional works that can be placed in the Third Floor Gallery display case will exhibited if space permits
- To be included in the Virtual exhibit, send 1 digital image of each entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The library cannot accept free-standing work that requires a pedestal
- Artwork cannot weigh more than 30 pounds
- Limit of two (2) entries per person
Mahopac Library accepts 15% of the sale price of any artwork. For more information call 845-628-2009 ext. 108.