Multi-organ Inflammatory Disease: A Modern Dilemma
Sorry! This event has passed, visit our events calendar to look for other programs. Don’t miss another event – sign up for our eNewsletter!
Presenter: Dr. Somesh Kaushik
Monthly series discussing topics in Ayurvedic medicine.
Registration is required. Register here.
Shortly after Covid-19 arrived on the world scene, a mysterious array of symptoms began appearing in children. At first these symptoms were similar to those of other childhood ailments, but soon the severity increased to reveal life-threatening inflammation (lungs, kidney, heart, brain, skin, GI tract) requiring hospitalization. These symptoms also appeared in adults following exposure to Covid, and a link was hypothesized. As yet, the cause of Multi-Inflammatory Syndrome in Children and Adults (MIS-C/MIS-A) is not known.
Come and discover:
- The most recent findings about MIS-C/MIS-A and the conventional approach
- Why this syndrome may be more prevalent in certain populations
- How Ayurveda’s holistic approach uncovers root causes
- The Ayurvedic philosophy regarding symptoms and treatment
- The connection between diet, toxins, GI tract, blood flow, and inflammation