Humanity: Call for Entries
February 1-27, 2019
Opening reception: February 3rd from 2:00-4:00 PM
Humanity is defined as the human race, which includes everyone on Earth. It’s also a word for the qualities that make us human, such as the ability to love, have compassion, and be creative.
How do we depict humanity in art today? How do we express our shared experiences, emotional connections, feelings of joy, hope, empathy, or loneliness?
How do we visually communicate values central to human rights?
Entry Requirements (no entry fee)
- Artists must be 18 years of age or older
- Work must be hand-delivered, framed, and ready to hang with hooks, wire, and/or sawtooth hangers.
- Work must be labeled with the artist’s name, title of piece, medium and price (labels provided).
- Two-dimensional painting, drawing, photography, mixed media, or wall work will be accepted; work must not exceed 36″ with frame.
- Small three-dimensional work that can be placed in the Third Floor Gallery display case will be accepted.
- The Library cannot accept free-standing work that requires a pedestal.
- Artwork cannot weigh more than 30 pounds.
- Limit of (2) entries per person.
Mahopac Library accepts 15% of the sale price of any work. For information please call 845-628-2009, ext 108.
DROP OFF DATES:
Sunday, January 27th, 1 pm – 4:30 pm
Monday,January 28th, 10 am – 4 pm
Tuesday, January 29th, 12 pm – 6 pm
Wednesday, January 30th, 10 am – 4 pm