FREE Tax Preparation Assistance

Patrons seeking tax assistance can call
800-899-1479, or 211.

This service is intended for people with low to moderate income, regardless of age.

Patrons with an income under $72,000/year can visit the IRS website where they will find information about filing taxes for free. Click here for more details.

United Way also provides a free tax assistance program: Click here for more details.

Taxpayers needing help when using this program are referred to the IRS’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs. They can also call 866-698-9435 for assistance.

AARP tax volunteers have said that they have been overwhelmed with requests for assistance; patrons calling the 211 number will get a call back but it might take a day or two until the call is returned.

The library will not make tax assistance accommodations for patrons.

Image Taxes by Pictures of Money is licensed under CC BY 2.0/cropped from original.