Ayurveda and Heart Health: The Power of Mind and Spirit
Presenter: Dr. Somesh Kaushik
Monthly series discussing topics in Ayurvedic medicine.
This series is brought to you by the New York Putnam County libraries.
Both western and Ayurvedic medicine agree that there are things you can do to keep your heart healthy. In Ayurveda, the heart is the energetic center of the body, affecting – and affected by – the cells and tissues of every other organ. They are inseparable. The Ayurvedic philosophy of body, mind, spirit, is no more critical to any organ than to the heart, as it influences the whole.
Come and discover:
- Heart issues for the different doshas (body constitutions)
- How stress and inflammation affect your heart and other organs
- The connection between digestion and heart health
- Foods, herbs, and supplements that benefit the heart
- What happens when you are “heartsick”
- Why a detox program benefits the heart and organs
- How an “attitude of gratitude” can be key to heart & body health
Registration with a valid email address is required.